Bear Mountain at Worcester is a specialized skilled nursing facility. We are often a transitional step between hospital and a traditional skilled nursing and rehabilitation unit. Our team is experienced in providing care for medically complex patients including those with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Bear Mountain is also one of the few skilled nursing centers in Massachusetts to specialize in brain injury recovery, with programs tailored to the needs of patients of all ages recovering from traumatic brain injury (TBI) and acquired brain injury (ABI) such as a stroke.
Our goal for patients receiving Neuro-rehabilitation and TBI services is to achieve the greatest independence and functioning after TBI/ABI or as a result of diseases such as Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s Disease, Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and Myasthenia Gravic.
We understand the challenge in choosing the best quality care setting. We invite you and your family to visit us and experience first-hand our unique approach to caring.
Programs & Services
- Specializing in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)/Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Recovery
- Behavioral Health Services
- Community Re-entry Services
- Short-Term Rehabilitation/Post-Acute Care
- Long-Term Care
- Ventilator Care/Respiratory Care
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Respite Care/Reduced Respite Rate
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Counseling
- Psychiatric Physicians Assistant Oversight
- Nutritional Counseling
- Vent Weaning/Vent Management
- Social Service/Case Management
- Diabetic Care
- Wound Management
- Advanced IV Therapy
- Pain Management
- Cardiac Care
- Tracheostomy Care
- “The Gym”, a state-of-the-art rehab resource
- Cable/WiFi/Flat Screen TVs
- Pet-Friendly Policy
- Private and Semi-Private Rooms
- Facility Van for Trips
- Religious Services
- Facility License: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Certifications: Medicare, Medicaid, NY Medicaid for TBI, CT Medicaid for TBI
- We accept most insurance plans