Respiratory Rehab/Vent Support
Bear Mountain at Worcester is a specialized skilled nursing facility. We are often a transitional step between hospital and a traditional skilled nursing and rehabilitation unit. Our team is experienced in providing care for medically complex patients who may need respiratory rehabilitation and ventilator support.
Bear Mountain at Worcester is committed to providing exceptional care and support for those who are mechanically ventilated due to COPD and other advanced respiratory diseases, spinal cord injuries, neuromuscular diseases and brain injuries. Our team gives every patient ventilator weaning trials, even if the individual had been deemed unweanable by other providers. Our respiratory rehabilitation program challenges respiratory limitations by developing a customized care plan designed for optimal recovery and a return to independence.
We are recognized as the leader in Massachusetts in weaning long-term ventilator patients.
We are the only facility in Massachusetts that consistently uses the Passy Muir Speaking Valve on ventilator patients. The valve, when used on a ventilator patient, allows them to speak and improves their ability to swallow which allows them to resume eating. These two factors, speaking to loved ones and eating meals, have proven vital in liberating patients from long-term ventilators.
We understand the challenge in choosing the best quality care setting. We invite you and your family to visit us and experience first-hand our unique approach to caring.
Programs & Services
- Ventilator Care/Respiratory Care
- Respiratory Rehabilitation
- Vent Weaning
- Short-Term Rehabilitation/Post-Acute Care
- Long-Term Care
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Behavioral Health Services
- Respite Care/Reduced Respite Rate
- 24-Hour Respiratory Therapists
- Tracheostomy Care
- Vent Weaning/Vent Management
- Use of Cough Assist Machines
- Use of Passy-Muir Valve for Speaking
- Social Service/Case Management
- Diabetic Care
- Wound Management
- Advanced IV Therapy
- Pain Management
- Cardiac Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- “The Gym”, a state-of-the-art rehab resource
- Cable/WiFi/Flat Screen TVs
- Pet-Friendly Policy
- Private and Semi-Private Rooms
- Facility Van for Trips
- Religious Services
- Facility License: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Certifications: Medicare, Medicaid,
NY Medicaid for TBI, CT Medicaid for TBI
- We accept most insurance plans
- Passy-Muir Center for Excellence